This last week, the Gaffer and I wandered our way to the Washington, D.C. environs and participated at the oldest son's(the Gaffer's son's) wedding. I have mixed feelings about being a step-parent, the term almost sounds as if you either: made a misstep or the kids could step around you. I don't see it either way. I spent some time talking directly to his past wife, she did raise some incredible kids, all of whom I am just delighted to know, but it also felt good to hear the kids comments: " was that really Le Conteur over there talking to mom?" and know that there was little she could do to rankle my feathers.
The wedding went off without a hitch, no shotguns needed and they departed to earn their living at the casinos in Atlantic City. I understand that they are coming back early.
Le Conteur
No comments:
Post a Comment