Due Care and Attention

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Rain, Rain, Rain

Well, here we are, Toothless and I in the land of Rain, rain, rain.  I had always heard the phrase, you can never go home again, and I thought they were kidding...turns out they are right...you can go home, but you are a different person now than you were then...this is a good thing!

The trip was uneventful, snow, freezing rain, ice, sleet...fun just fun. 

I checked in with The Gaffer the other day, the girls at the house are giving him grief and trying to let him know that the House Maven is gone and they really can do what they want.  He is to remind them that it is a BoardingHouse, the Maven will return and we can kick them out!  We would miss the rent, but not the idiocy.

Today is going to be spent finding another House to set up...already have two folks interested in sharing a house and having a good meal now and again.  I have to admit that I miss the plains and the open view, I don't miss the weird weather and the dust, but we will cope, Toothless and I.

Toothless wasn't too excited about the trip...he was not permitted to drive...ever driven with someone who likes to listen to weird music and talks all of the time?  Well, if he is only allowed to ride, he falls asleep.  Peace reigns in the vehicle.  I already miss the daily antics of Missy, The Mouth, The Cop, and Denim Doll, goes to say I really miss The Gaffer, but se la guer. Later Gator.

Le Conteau

1 comment:

  1. Is there a reward for being the first to comment on your blog? While you have been gone the boarding house denizens decided that you ar the "Maven Supreme" and that any edicts I announce have first to be approved by you!

    Take a look at www.thegafferchronicles.blogspot.com

    Gaffer

    ReplyDelete