One of the reasons Toothless and I wandered into the rainy is that the Boarding House was being besieged with phone calls from people we did not know wanting what we did not have. So The Gaffer and I decided that I should be the one to "Get my light out from under a bushel" and off Toothless and I went.
But that is by-the-by...what is sticking in my craw these days it that these people whom we do know wanting what we do not have send with their plaintive missives a very correct letter stating why we should enhance their larder while depleteing ours and at the end of this cry for help are the words:
"With Compliments"
Pardon me, but my definition of "compliments" indicates a sort of gift following not a ding...as far as I am concerned - their "with compliments" just dropped a brick!
Le Conteur
No comments:
Post a Comment