Due Care and Attention

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

so how do YOU train a dog?

This BoardingHouse has officially "gone to the dogs".  There is a blind furson here, Abbie, there is a "nose now firmly bent out of shape" furson here,, Missie; there is a new furson - the only male - other than the Gaffer - (they must stick together you know) Galen and looming on the horizon is a young princess furson, Amber.  WE MUST BE OUT OF OUR MINDS! Now I have to admit, that so far they are not neurotic, although living in this BoardingHouse may make them so,  it just cannot be that difficult to train them - one of these fursons will be the successor to Jean Luc, it will probably be Amber.  That means that she will be trained to assist at disaster scenes in the recovery tent.

Dogs teach you so very much about yourself - they are the gift that keeps giving - check under the dining room table, love you like it is never going to hurt, they meet you at the door after you have been out late with that "Do you have any idea what time it is, Young lady - you're gounded" look.  They howl at the moon - how many times have YOU wanted to do that?

I picked up a book at the library:  "Lipstick and the Leash"...well, it's not bad, I admit, I picked it up because of the boots she is wearing...in another life - sigh.  One of her posits is "Make sure that your body language is saying what you mean".  This is sort of like: say you (woman) have decided to go down to the neighborhood pub for a few elbow bendings, by yourself.  Do you dress up, put on makeup and preen before the mirror ( I do, but that is because they would probably put me away for being a public nuisance if I didn't) and determine that you are the best you can be or do you take a look and say, it's not dirty, I have on deodorant and I am wearing shoes - off I go, I as good as it's going to get!

Say there is a gentleman(?) there who is good looking, ...You take a look, say Hum..., but he notices...would he be more likely to come over and preen in your direction if you were A and snooty or B and approachable?  Body language, people!  Your lips say no, but your eyes said yes...

So I will be (being trained) or will I train?  Sorry, Amber - but you are the one who will have to follow commands, just like the rest of the inhabitants of this BoardingHouse.

Le Conteur

1 comment:

  1. Only time will tell which direction the dogs take our lives. But isn't it exciting!

    ReplyDelete