Today is conclusion of Imbolc, the time that the Celts and other People of the Earth celebrate the ascension of the Spring sun and the banishing of Winter's darkness. I had a few dreams come to me through the winter solstice, yesterday when I celebrated the Raven's desires I am seeing that some of them are beginning to take root. I am remembering that there is no turning back on the Sun's return to the earth. That one must forge ahead and raise ones eyes from the ground.
This is a time for rebirth and healing. It is also sacred to Birghid who is the goddess of poetry and arcane learning...something I seem to do all the time and forgot who it was that was guiding me. Of her many names she is called the High One of Strength and goddess knows that there are times when strength is needed in one's life.
There are stories that she had a consort - the Irish King, Bres Mac Elatha...
I will celebrate tonight with fire, water, I will drink from her well and honor her with red wine and do a little meditating on her nine gift"s:
spiritual appearances and blessings, such as poetry, reflection, meditation, lore, research, great knowledge, intelligence, comprehension and wisdom...goddess knows I could use this help.
Blessed be.
Le Conteur

No comments:
Post a Comment