Due Care and Attention

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

GLORY-HOLE

 

I love the English language - one can get so involved with meanings and mis-meanings.  I have given myself the task of paring down the collection of "must haves" in my life and in the Boardinghouse.

Came across this word - Glory-Hole - and thought it was better than clutterhouse.  Glory-Hole means a place for rubbish or odds and ends  - as a house-maids closet or a lumber room...

So now I feel better about referring to the Boardinghouse as a Glory-Hole.  Most people would not know what was meant and they might even assume that I want to keep all of this clutter.

How often do you go through all of your stuff - spot by spot and decide that you really need to keep whatever it is that you fancied in high school - now that you are about to retire???

There are a few things in life that one needs to keep track of regardless of how their or your life changes or matures...compassion, friendship, passion, thoughtfulness, kindness, a sense of humor and an abiding faith in something...otherwise - it really is just that file cabinet full of papers that you haven't looked at for a year, or those pictures that you forgot to write on the back of and have now forgotten just who or where that picture was taken...

It is also the projects that you have started but now can't stand and are not about to finish...

Just rename them - they are part of your new Glory-Hole, not just clutter.

Le Conteur

1 comment:

  1. You have described a "glorious" situation. Can I be of assistance?

    ReplyDelete