Due Care and Attention

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

STRENGTH


I  lay awake at night think of strange things..."If by simply downing a can of spinach you could temporarily bring superhuman strength to any part of your body, which part would it be?"

Sigh, I am not sure I have that part, but if I did...

On a brighter note...I have taken up the harp - no it is not for future lives, it is because I have always wanted to play the Celtic harp and by imposing my ineptitude with musical instruments on the residents of the Boarding House I seem to be doing an alright job of it.

I have also decided that it is about time that I honestly tackled this abode known as the Glory Hole. I have accumulated so many things that have sentimental value but I would never take with me to Corfu. (The hardest, if not the most impossible accumulation to get rid of are the books - at last count, over two tons of them) The accumulated treasures need to be given away, put in an estate sale, or let the youth fight over them.  A wonderful young woman, known to many as Phlemmy, is my muse...she is a woman who can inspire a hummingbird to the height of the eagle.  She lives in a tightly arranged abode that she variously purges, straightens, rearranges  and yet has multiple friends over to enjoy her company. Oh, did I mention that she lives with three wonderful dogs, goes to nursing school (a straight A student, I understand) and holds down one and sometimes two jobs...all while enchanting her roommate. 

And what will   I find is included in the next chapter of this travel on this globe of adventure?

LeConteur

No comments:

Post a Comment