Due Care and Attention

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

WELL, IT IS A NEW YEAR...

 
      So, what are my plans for this new year...January is starting off with Dave Ramsey - if I don't get my finances in order, I will not be able to play where and when I want in the near future...February is the beginning of the Mediterranean Diet...eventually I will be going to Greece to live, and even though I may be 70 or 80 I want to have a body like Sophia Loren (after all she is 80 - and hot) March I will be joining another bunch of Crones in an aqua aerobics class...My RA has proceeded to the really annoying stage and I want to remember how to move.  I will let you know how that goes and then plan the next three months.

     As you know by now I am a bibliophile and have more trouble donating a book than getting rid of too tight clothes.  I tasked myself with the chore of going through at least one 6 shelf bookcase each month (there are 23 in this house, not counting the built-ins.)  Out of 180 books in one bookcase I got rid of two (Yes, 2)  I believe I need a book intervention professional!

     I have also tasked myself to sell a lot of paraphernalia that has accumulated over a well-lived life.  As my parents and assorted relatives passed on to other lives, they donated their stuff to me...some has real sentimental value...not so much the numerous vases I have accumulated through such largess... I am not a gardener...I love flowers and such - but do very well with the silk kind...I have a lady in mind to whom I may just send them as a donation to her green thumb...we will see.  Also, I have the world's largest collection of 1950's aluminum ware...pictures of same and EBay loom on the horizon.

     I will also need to get - heavy sigh - a new phone...I have an old flip type phone...it does just what I want...takes and makes TELEPHONE calls...it can take pictures, but you can't download them onto a computer for sharing with the world.  I am researching ones that do not have access to the internet, a phone that sneers at apps...a phone that takes pictures that you can download (although I love my DSLR) a phone that you can actually hold in your hand and talk to, one that you don't have to hold out so it looks like you are talking to your hand...remember that "old " phrase "Talk to the hand!"

     Sigh, it is going to be an interesting year.

Le Conteur

    

1 comment:

  1. Attending the Dave Ramsey class is a wise decision, it will help you achieve economic peace while you struggle with reducing the book inventory.
    Good luck on your search for a phone that is smarter than we are!

    ReplyDelete